KOLAB RC3 + Toltec RC3 + Horde-CVS

SERY Daniel daniel.sery at smatis.fr
Wed Jun 15 09:51:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

We're trying to connect OL2k and OL2k3 with KOLAB 2 RC3 and we also use
Horde-cvs (kronolith, turba, imp, nag, ...). We use Toltec Connector RC3.
All is working almost well ;)
In fact, we have some problems and these concern Toltec and Horde, it's why
I posted this message, also, on the mailing-list Horde and Toltec.
Our goal is to have Toltec and Horde to inter operate.
The difficulty is, also, the fact we are use the french localisation
(mailbox "Tasks" become "Tâches", "Calendar"=>"Calendrier"...)

here the problems which we have

- Toltec put the tasks in the "INBOX/T&AOI-ches" (in french !!) without any
problem, and Horde try to connect to "INBOX/Tasks". I modify the Kolab.php
(pear and framework) to have "T&AOI-ches" instead of "Tasks"; this seems to
work because Horde doesn't find any error but it does not see any tasks.
When I create a task in Horde, I see a folder INBOX/T-&AOI-ches in IMAP !!

- For the "Calendar", I renamed, always in the Kolab.php, to "Calendrier",
and this work fine but ... At the biginning, I didn't see nothing in the
calendar. I didn't have the combobox to choose a user ! I had to modify a
file (template.inc of kronolith), then I could select an user and Horde
could see the events which are created by Toltec.
There is some odd situation : when we use the calendar of another user in
Horde, the folder "Agenda de XXXXX at XXXX.XXX" appear in IMAP, and Toltec
report an error when it sync !!

- For the notes, apparently, Horde see them correctly.

- For the personal contacts ("Carnet d'adresses personnel"), Horde does not
see them at all. I use the "kolab_local" in the config of Turba. I know that
there were problems with Turba and Kolab concerning IMP and the store in
INBOX/Contacts of Kolab2 ! is this still the case ?
Horde does not see what is in INBOX/Contacts or it does not understand the
contact format ?

I think if these problems are resolved, then, you will have a product to
replace Exchange+OWA : HORDE+KOLAB2+TOLTEC.

In any case, thank you for this great work that you to realize to purpose a
colaborative solution worthy of this name.

Best regards,

Daniel SERY
PS : excuse my English, it isn't very good.