Weird behavior of KMail 1.8.1 when creating resource folders in an (online) IMAP account

Torsten Kasch tk at cebitec.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jun 6 10:46:10 CEST 2005

On Monday, 6. June 2005 09:52, Till Adam wrote:
[...]
> That depends entirely on your definition of reasonable. ;) No, seriously,
> it can be done (after all I did it for the old resource) but it's not easy.
> The added complexity of asynchronous operations made the resource as a
> whole a lot more brittle and I opted for getting the dIMAP case reliable
> and stable first.

ok, I see.

[...]
> I understand your reasoning, and I do see the need for this. The plan is to
> rewrite the resource to be independent of KMail, such that it does not have
> to be running anymore to access your calendar, for example, and accesses
> the IMAP folders directly, caching the calendar or contacts data in its
> native formats, not as mails. That means that only the groupware data will
> be cached locally, completely independently of the user's regular mail.
> This is a goal of mine for KDE 4. I would be lying if I told you that I
> expect it to be done in time for 3.5, I have lots of other stuff I want to
> fix before that.
>
> If you need this asap and it is something you'd be willing to spend money
> on, please contact my boss, Kalle Dalheimer <kalle at kdab.net>, who will
> gladly crack the whip and have me go at it right away, I'm sure, provided
> you find a common working definition of "reasonable".

Well, of course I need it ASAP... ;-) But no, providing some funding
unfortinately doesn't seem to be an option for a university research
institute AFAIK.

Anyway, for the moment I'll add some votes to the bugs Andreas mentioned in
his other mail. ;-)

Thanks for the info anyway,

	Torsten