Alias management (Distribution lists) including external adress

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Jun 5 22:39:38 CEST 2005

Am Samstag, 4. Juni 2005 20:46 schrieb Fabio Pietrosanti:

Hi Fabio,

> i was trying to add an external email to a distribution lists.

I assume you mean server side DLs.

> There could be *a lot* of situation when you need to include someone
> inside an email alias but desn't want him to appear within the addressbook.

> Could be possible to implement such feature?

Yes, there are basically two ways to implement this feature.

1. create DLs which take as members not only DNs but also email addresses.

2. Allow for "hidden" addressbook entries.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany