Kolab Client

Till Adam till at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Sat Jul 30 12:43:33 CEST 2005

Moin Helge,

On Friday 29 July 2005 22:21, Helge Hess wrote:

> does the Kolab resources-on-dimap support in KDE 3.4.0 (Sarge) only
> work against a special Kolab Cyrus 2.0 version?
>
> Since I didn't manage to install the Kolab server on Sarge, I wanted to
> try the DIMAP/resource support against some platform Cyrus servers. I
> tried Sarge (v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-1) and MacOSX Server
> (v2.2.12-OS X 10.4.0) - both do not seem to work.
>
> Resource folders are shown in both, KMail and as subresources in
> KOrganizer/KAddressbook, but they are not created on the server (no
> errors in the panel which initially "creates" them).
> When I use the "Troubleshoot IMAP Cache" feature, the client claims
> that it is not able to create folders on the server (of course I can do
> that with other IMAP4 clients or with telnet).

What usually works best is to use the "kolabwizard" binary, which creates
everything needed. You need to make sure to create resource folders under
INBOX, not at top level, for example.

> Any ideas? Is the Kolab protocol so special that it doesn't even work
> against other (later) Cyrus versions?

The only thing that is special is a set of added annotations, which cyrus does
not yet have out of the box. These are used to identify resource folder types
and which ones are the default ones in the presence of translation and across
clients. If your server does not have support for those, new resource folders
created by someone else on the server, or shared with you, will have to be
set to contain resource data manually (RMB on the folder, properties, folder
contains: events). Other than that it's plain IMAP.

As Matt pointed out in his mail, you really do want KDE > 3.4.1, ideally 3.4.2
or proko2.

Till Adam -- till at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se, adam at kde.org