how to distinguish calendar/contact items in Kontact

Till Adam till at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed Jul 27 14:40:55 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 13:57, Henning Holtschneider wrote:

> - color highlighting of the different calendar entries, i.e. one color for
> each calendar (sub-)resource

That was implemented sometime after 3.4.1 and will be in 3.5. There's a patch
for 3.4 available.

> - ability to view only one (user's) calendar without having to "switch off"
> other calendars

What works well in our experience is to use categories, and filters based on
those. It requires a certain amount of discipline by the users to assign
categories to all events and tasks, but once they are used to that, one can
easily set up filters for frequently used sets of users, or other criteria.

> Summing it up, it feels to me as if the (default) contact and calendar
> views are not intuitive enough and they seriously lack functions needed in
> a real life environment.

We are working on improving those continually. If you have more suggestions
and needs, please communicate them, we'll see what we can do.

Till Adam -- till at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se, adam at kde.org