spamassassin learning + shared folder

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 25 23:04:40 CEST 2005

fight spam I though, so let's make a public folder and start spamassassin...

Hmm, it does not seem to be that trivial at least for me... From the wiki:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_FAQ#Spamassassin

Is it indeed a public folder or a shared folder:
(make sure to point it to a folder containing spam - this can be done by
making a public folder and asking everyone to move their spam there)

What is written here:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Maintenance_and_Use

Shared Folders

Shared Folders can be useful for groups, especially with optional content.
Instead of adding and removing people from a group, let them subscribe or
unsubscribe themselves from a shared folder. Add the shared folder in the web
interface, to send mail to it you can send mail to
+user.<nameofsharedfolder>@yourdomain.com - it is a lot easier to add a
contact to the addressbook for this, otherwise you are likely to see how
painful users can be!

'NOTE: from beta3 and beta4, you will need to post messages to
kolab+shared.<nameofsharedfolder>@yourdomain.com

Questions:
- how to subscribe or unsubscribe from a shared folder?  Sent email with
subscribe in it?  How can I review the contents of the shared folder?

- to send mail to the shared folder you can send mail to
+user.<nameofsharedfolder>@yourdomain.com next is the note: from beta3 and
beta4, you will need to post messages to
kolab+shared.<nameofsharedfolder>@yourdomain.com

Wouldn't it be better to leave out +user.<nameofsharedfolder>@yourdomain.com
and mention kolab+shared.<nameofsharedfolder>@yourdomain.com only.  Or at
least swap the 2?

I have a shared folder 'spam', if I sent to kolab+shared.spam at yourdomain.com,
kolab states: 'user unknown in local recipient table'.

What am I doing wrong??

--
Richard