Kolab 2 fails to compile on Fedora Core 4

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Fri Jul 22 23:16:41 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 10:49:05PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Friday 15 July 2005 14:06, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> > What is utterly silly is that openpkg was IIRC chosen because it would
> > spare the developers from solving problems with system installed
> > packages.
>
> Well it does, so why should it be "silly"?

Because in this case it created the problem it was trying to solve :)

> > This build problem, however, is now exactly the contrary: my rpm and file
> > system packages are just fine, thank you (as is all the rest that kolab2
> > duplicates).
>
> You would not have been happier if we would not have created Kolab
> in the first place (not ready yet, because so many
> plattform issues to be debugged) or if we would have choosen
> on special distribution (a.g. Debian woody).

I think using a distribution to start from could have been better, but
that's just an outsider's opinion who is just getting started to learn about
kolab2.

I don't think a "why openpkg" discussion needs to be started and that's not
what I intended.