WebDAV folder on Kolab apache for own use

Frank Matthieß frankm at lug-owl.de
Fri Jul 22 10:08:59 CEST 2005

Hello,

Next question ;-): I want to add a web directory with webdav
capabilities to the config auf the Kolab apache.

My first attempt was to add a new dir (/kolab/var/apache/kolab/sunbird/)
via copy 'n paste from <Directory "/kolab/var/kolab/www/webcalendar">
to /kolab/etc/apache/apache.local:

<Directory "/kolab/var/apache/kolab/sunbird/">
   Dav On
   AllowOverride None
   Options None
   # Disallow for everyone as default
   Order allow,deny
   <Limit GET PUT LOCK UNLOCK PROPFIND HEAD OPTIONS>
       Allow from all
       Require valid-user
   </Limit>
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Subird Kalender (WebDAV)"
   LDAP_Server 127.0.0.1
   LDAP_Port 389
   Base_DN "dc=bsv,dc=lan"
   # temporary : openldap changed from 2.1.9 to 2.1.12
   # anonymous bind with dn is nolonger allowed
   # unfortunately mod_auth_ldap seems to exactly do so
   # need to investigate ...
   Bind_DN "cn=nobody,cn=internal,dc=bsv,dc=lan"
   Bind_Pass "gfkjhwgefgwekjfgkjwegkfjgwejgfwerfgfekjr"
   UID_Filter "(|(uid=%u)(mail=%u))"
   DavMinTimeout 600
   AddDefaultCharset Off
</Directory>

The dir /kolab/var/apache/kolab/sunbird/ exist:
drwxr-xr-x  2 kolab kolab 6 2005-07-20 15:40 /kolab/var/apache/kolab/sunbird

But if i access with the url http://server.bsv.lan/sunbird or the
https pendant, the browser git redirected to the login page.

My small knowledge of apache configuration gave me no chance to find and
fix the problem.

Frank.
--
Frank Matthieß

Terrorists can take my live.
Only the government can take my freedom.