Changing mailer-daemon distribution list membership

Henning Holtschneider henning at loca.net
Wed Jul 20 18:16:01 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 16:37, Dieter Kluenter wrote:

> OK, I understand now. From LDAP point of view you cannot *modify* a
> relative distinguished name by presenting the same rdn but you have to
> *delete* the entry and recreate it. But this is not what you want.
> What you actually want to do, is change or add an attribute value and
> not change the RDN. I have just tested it and it seems to be a bug in
> webadmin.

Could you perhaps verify if this really is a problem with the webadmin? I've
seen this error message on two machines when modifying distribution lists
(not only the MAILER-DAEMON list). It seems to me as if a condition can occur
at which ldapsearch() does return results even though an entry has been
deleted and slapcat does not show it.

Regards,
Henning Holtschneider
--