Kolab 2 fails to compile on Fedora Core 4

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Fri Jul 15 14:06:43 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 07:10:20PM -0500, John C. Wilson wrote:
> I was able to get Kolab to install on Fedora Core 4 by downloading the
> Debian packages.  I haven't tested it to see if it runs ok but all services
> started and I can log into the admin panel.
>

> I don't feel comfortable installing the Debian packages on Fedora but the
> experts seem to be silent on this one.

What is utterly silly is that openpkg was IIRC chosen because it would
spare the developers from solving problems with system installed
packages.

This build problem, however, is now exactly the contrary: my rpm and file
system packages are just fine, thank you (as is all the rest that kolab2
duplicates). It's just the openpkg one that doesn't build and so I can't try kolab2.