Update overwrites template files in /kolab/etc/kolab/templates

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Jul 12 11:24:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

It happened to me quite some times that I updated packages in Kolab
installations. During that process (running "obmtool kolab"), all templates
were overwritten.

Okay, I tried to remember that, but each time I had forgotten about it.
Let's blame it to my lousy brain. The problem in such situations is not to
restore backups of those files, but I often find me in front of a Kolab
server which is working only partially (last times people were no longer
able to authenticate due to changes in the IP addresses and port numbers).
Then it usually takes a while to find out what has happend...

After updates, we have some warnings about *.rpmsave files already, but
those don't make sense as the corresponding config files are generated.
However the templates are simply overwritten without any warning or even a
comment. I would like to see the installation making backups of existing
template files.

Regards,
Andreas