Is dimap required for calendar functions

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Wed Jul 6 22:14:02 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 21:25, Richard Bos wrote:
> I wonder is dimap required for calendar functions to work properly or is
> normal imap good enough?  I would think that dimap is not always necessary,
> e.g. if one is connected via a good lan connection.  In such case dimap
> might be a waste of diskspace (especially on a desktop that located in
> public area and is used by many people).

Online imap is currently not supported by Kontact, but in theory it's
possible. In fact, it was possible in earlier versions, but removed for
stability reasons. If you don't want to use dimap for your regular mail, you
can use subscription to set up a dimap account with only the resource folders
and access your normal mail via an additional online imap account, without
subscription. That way only the resource folders are synced.

I don't know about the other clients.

Till