kolab2 2.0 + kontact - can't get it to work...

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Wed Jul 6 09:58:21 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 10:08, Thomas Ribbrock wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 09:41:01AM +0200, Till Adam wrote:
> > Can you please check what exactly the resource is called, that you set
> > up? In KOrganizer's resource view (Settings -> Sidebar -> Show Resource
> > View, in case it's now there currently) right click on the entry and
> > select "Show Info". Tell me the contents of the message box that is shown
> > there. Do the resource folders show up, in the Resource View?
>
> "Resource View" is the lowest one, which says "Calendar" on top and has
> that little tree with entries in it, right?

Yes.

> That tree starts with "Kolab Server", which is checked. "Show Info" on
> that one gives:
> "Kolab Server
>  Type: Calendar on IMAP Server via KMail"

Ok, that's correct.

> The subentries of the tree are:
> "Kolab Server/inbox/Calendar"
> "Kolab Server/inbox/Journal"
> "Kolab Server/inbox/Tasks"

Good, that means the basic mechanisms are working. Can you please create a
subfolder of inbox/Calendar, in KMail, and give it type "Calendar". Then
check that the new resource shows up in the resource view. Then add an even
to the calendar, you should be asked which folder to save to. Select the new
one, then check if the event has been written to that folder, in KMail. It
there is a mail, but it appears to have not body, that's nonrmal, use "v" to
view its source and check out the xml in there whether it's the one you
added.

Till