Kolab Final - Toltec Outlook Connector - Kontact - Horde Webmail

Harald Rinker h.rinker at web.de
Tue Jul 5 13:50:16 CEST 2005

Matt Douhan <matt at fruitsalad.org> schrieb am 04.07.05 17:36:46:

> On Monday 04 July 2005 17.13, Harald Rinker wrote:
> > Hello @all
> >
> > i have a new install of Kolab final and have tested, Kontact, Horde, the
> > Outlook connector from Toltec, Thunderbird with his connector at first it
> > all works but i miss some features.
> >
> > on Outlook/Exchange it is possible  to look into shared foulders from
> > another user will mean i have a list of users and her foulders that they
> > share with me. maybe i can directly make a change in another calender, look
> > for free time from another user and so on. i have found in Kolab no way to
> > do so with
>
> > Horde,
>
> With Horde other users calendars show up in kronolith in the top right hand
> corner, and you enable them by clicking on them in the combo box, the plus
> and minus sign corresponds to enabled and disabled respectively, so choose
> user foo and enable it, and you will se their calendars in your view.
>
> > Kontact,
>
> In kontact/korganizer, when you save an event, it will prompt you for wich
> user to save the event in, either your own or user foo, or even user bar, you
> can see the calendars you have access to from other users in KMail, they are
> shown as user/foo/whatevercalendartheysharedwithyou
>
> > and Outlook.
> On OL, shared calendars show up toplevel, with a format such as
> user/foo/folder, just select it and add and remove or do whatever you need to
> it.
>

> > Another Problem in Outlook ( i only
> > have Outlook 2000 ) there is no Imap4 in Workgroup mode. As result i can´t
> > look at shared foulders.
>
> The toltec connector uses IMAP, you do not set this up for internet email, so
> step 1 is to map the pst file, then add an internet service and configure
> POP3 and SMTP server, and do not worry about the IMAP part, that is handled
> by the toltec connector and you will see it working when you map the pst
> file.
>
> rgds
>
> Matt

Ok i tested it with another User and i found a foulder user with subfoulders for my Mail Account
this do so in Horde and Kontact but i have no Idea why the foulder user ... is not in my account

Is there a Trick. Maybe i must share the other user account but i havn´t found a way to do so

greets harry