About CalDAV, a new calendar storage specification ...

Michael Harlaut m.harlaut at atolcd.com
Tue Jan 4 23:12:38 CET 2005

Hi,

I know a XML storage format has been specified for Kolab2/Proko2.

But I read today that a new format has been submitted to IETF in order to work
with Webdav and more : CalDAV.

Here is the last draft :
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-dusseault-caldav/

A sum up :
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-01.html

the consortium :
http://www.calconnect.org/tc-caldav.html

CalDAV is supported by the OSAfoundation (http://www.osafoundation.org/)

And Sunbird (the mozilla calendar) has panned to implement it in its roadmap
:http://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php/Calendar:CalDAV_Roadmap

I haven't read anything regarding CalDAV before, and I know it's quite late to
do this choice in Kolab2/Proko2. But what are thinking about it ?

Interoperability is something as (more ?) important as efficiency :)

Any comments ?

Michael, the man with the "too late" question :)

--
Michael Harlaut
Atol Conseils et Développements