Disable User

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 18:16:04 CET 2005

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 16:05, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 17:19, Hamish wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > How would it be possible to disable a user in kolab? We have users that
> > leave, but we want to keep their mailboxes available for a certain time,
> > but we do not want them to receive mail. I am not an expert with
> > postfix/ldap it seems that postfix lookup only looks for alias when
> > deciding what to do with mail.
> >
> > Would it be possible to just remove the Mail attribute from the user?
>
> I think this can work, though it is untested.
After trying it, this is a problem too, because although they now have no mail
property (and postfix will bounce messsages to them), they may still be in
distribution lists, and the only (web-gui) way to do this is to look through
every single distribution list and manually delete them(painful!). This is
needed here - people can quit/be fired/be killed by it dept etc, and
disabling/removing them should be quick and easy!

> Also you can write garbage in the user password.
This will stop them logging in, but their mailbox will continue to grow.