names and UID

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Tue Feb 22 08:48:49 CET 2005

Am Dienstag 22 Februar 2005 00:34 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Am Montag, 21. Februar 2005 21:34 schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Really? Using kio_ldap and KWord for making a serial letter I send
> > the Easter greeting card to "Hans1 Meier" and "Hans2 Meier"? Sorry
> > ,this is plain wrong and not neccessary. Emailaddress or UID are
> > unique and so it is not problem to have hundreds of Hans Meier's,
> > Peter Müller's and Jan Janssen's.
>
> I agree with your findings. The current Kolab 2 implementation bases
> the dn on the cn. Currently the cn is composed from the firstname and
> lastname.
>
> I think we shall seriously reconsider this decision for Kolab 3.

Sound good, anything to do, that this is not lost?

Another question.
If this problem occurs now in Kolab2 is this possible?
Creating user "Hans Meier",
Using a LDAP-browser and change

dn: cn=Hans Meier,dc=kolab,dc=org

into

dn: cn=Hans Meier+[DATE]+[TIME],dc=kolab,dc=org

saving and closing browser and now create a new user "Hans Meier". This
results to a new

dn: cn=Hans Meier,dc=kolab,dc=org

This procedure seems to be valid (and could be easily added to the kolab
service *hint* :-)

Thanks

  Thorsten