Howto delete a kolab zombie user?

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sun Feb 20 20:52:06 CET 2005

Am Sonntag 20 Februar 2005 18:07 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Am Sonntag, 20. Februar 2005 15:42 schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
>
> Hi,
>
> > zombie by hand. Can someone give me a procedure for this? I have problems
> > how todo authentification with ldapdelete or GUIs like kio_ldap or luma
> > :-}
>
> You can
> - stop the Kolab Server
> - get a verbatim copy of the ldap repository using slapcat
> - edit the copy using vi
> - recreate the modified LDAP repository using slapadd

Hmm, but better first use cyradm for deleting the cyrus-part?
I reconstruct the old directory structure and run
#/kolab/bin/openpkg rc imapd stop
#su  kolab-r
#/kolab/bin/cyrreconstruct user/testuser at alte.kolab.domain
#exit
#/kolab/bin/openpkg rc imapd start
#master root # /kolab/bin/cyradm --user manager master.kolab.domain
IMAP Password:
#master.kolab.domain>sam user/testuser at alte.kolab.domain manager lrswipcda
#master.kolab.domain>dm user/testuser at alte.kolab.domain

This works :-)

Now I have to do LDAP part. When using slapcat/add I do not need
authentification (cause the service is down)??

Is there more to do than using cyrus and ldap for a manual delete?

> Please document your experiences on wiki.kolab.org.
When I succeed :-)