Forwarding Error - Solved

Alex Chejlyk alex at swiftnetcomputers.biz
Sat Dec 10 07:04:51 CET 2005

Alex Chejlyk wrote:
> I've just installed Kolab 2.0.1 (release). The OS is a freshly
> installed debian 3.1 system, and I used the debian packages from one
> of the kolab download mirrors.
> .
> Everything seems OK, except for forwarding. When I attempt to set
> forwarding, I get the following error:
>
> Not currently in TRANSACTION state
> Script was:
>
> require "fileinto";
> redirect "joe at mydomain.com";
>
> It does not look like Issue801, since everything has been entered in
> lowercase. I also checked the kolabHomeServer LDAP attribute, and I
> think it is set properly (server.mydomain.com).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

The hosts file was causing the problem. The default debian hosts file
places localhost and the machine name on the same line. I simply removed
the mail server name from that line and created a second line with the
system's ip address and the fqdn.
I rebooted, (just for kicks) and all is well.

Cheers,

Alex