Probs with events from KDE Kontact in Outlook/Toltec

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Dec 6 17:17:31 CET 2005

Am Dienstag, 20. September 2005 23:03 schrieb zorg:
> Helge Borgmann a écrit :
> > I posted this before in the Kolab Support Forum, so I hope it's OK to
> > ask here too.

this is fine, but please also notify the forum, if you have found a solution
over the list.

> > I wrote some events in KDE Kontact and wanted to open them in german
> > Outlook(s) (2000, 2002, 2003) (via Toltec Connector 2.0.5).
> > Surprisingly this events look OK in day-, week- etc. -view in Outlook,
> > but if I try to edit one of this events, Outlook only shows a normal
> > email-form. I contacted Joon Radley from Toltec, but he was able to
> > parse a test event correctly, so I think this may be a problem with
> > german Outlook-versions.
> >
> > Could anybody who uses KDE Kontact and a _german_ Outlook w.
> > Toltec-Connector 2.0.5 (both on one kolab-server) try the same and
> > report his results, please? Is this a known bug or problem?

This always worked fine here with Outlook 2003 German, all service packs
since Toltec went stable (and earlier).
I just retried with the current Toltec 2.0.7-beta and it worked fine.

It might be a problem with your KDE contact, though, too.
Are you using the proko2 branch?

> sorry I can't help you
> because I've had exactly the same problem with Outlook(s) (2000, 2002,
> 2003) (via Toltec Connector 2.0.5) and horde. I've just send a mail Joon
> Radley to inform him.
> I'm french and we 're using french version of Outlook .
> Hope someone could help us because it's the only problem we still have
> before use it for ourself and recommend it to our client.

Note that Horde is experimental and a completely different issue.

Bernhard