Problem with kolab 2.01 - postfix

Sylvain MEDEOT symedeot at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 5 11:42:32 CET 2005

Hi,

I am running kolab 2.01 in order to replace an existing MS Exchange 5.5
server. I currently have 3 mail servers : ville-pontoise.fr (exchange
5.5), intranet.ville-pontoise.fr (postfix) and
extranet.ville-pontoise.fr (postfix too).

In order to smoothly migrate my exchange users to kolab, I want to move
user per user. To do so, I still keep exchange running and outlook is
configured for the migrated users with smtp on exchange and pop on
kolab. I then use temporarily fetchmail to move the mails from exchange
to kolab...

It works perfectly well, excepted one thing. When my users from both
intranet.ville-pontoise.fr or extranet.ville-pontoise.fr are sending
mails to ville-pontoise.fr, their return-path is changed (rewrited) by
postfix to ville-pontoise.fr

Example :

user dupont at extranet.ville-pontoise.fr send a mail to
durand at ville-pontoise.fr

Once received on kolab, the return path is changed to
dupont at ville-pontoise.fr

It seems that kolab considers intranet or extranet as subdomains... Mail
from other domains are ok.
Any ide on how can I avoid that ?

Regards,

Sylvain MEDEOT