LXOffice

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Tue Aug 23 14:50:50 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 22. August 2005 11:39 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> Am Samstag, 20. August 2005 15:14 schrieb Markus Heller:
> > is there any easy way to extend the kolab scheme?

> technically Kolab just extends some standard LDAP objectclasses,
> like inetOrgPerson. As this is orthogonal to other attributes
> you could add Kolab's AUXILIARY classes to other compatible
> schemes.

Bernhard,
the design is absolutely great. I also see LDAP as the central point of
configuraion in any environment Kolab will be used. But the question is
moreover:

How easy / difficult is it to extend the web configuration scheme? Imagine,
somebody wants to attach the user administration of application xy to Kolab.
Technically he would just need to extend the schema and load it into LDAP.
But what about the handling in the operational phase? How easy / difficult
will it be to update a passwd?

For this reason I am interested to see if the layout of the config web
interface can be extended by editing any such template like in the apache
configuration.

If there is a standard way to do it, attaching third party applications to
kolab would be childish easy and another reason to use kolab.

Best wishes,
Markus