[Kolab-users] LXOffice

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Mon Aug 22 08:54:28 CEST 2005

Hello Markus,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 03:14:35PM +0200, Markus Heller wrote:
> is there any easy way to extend the kolab scheme? I would like to add the
> configuration of the ERP software "LX-Office" to the kolab user scheme, so
> that all my kolab users will also be lxoffice users and that there is a
> single point of configuration for my system.

Wouldn't it be easier if your extend your LX-Office with the Kolab scheme?

> By this we could start to define an integrated solution for small enterprises.
> Striking is also the fact that the developers of lxoffice have started a
> groupware solution that is based on imap, postfix, spamassassin etc. and that
> all the lxoffice componentes are developed in Perl. :-))
>
> In the commercial world, enterprises agree on cooperations because they
> complement each other. I see a strong reason that kolab2 and lxoffice should
> offer at least an integration strategy :-)
>
> What do you think?

The partners of the Kolab-Konsotrium already started integrating
Kolab2 into GOsa and UCS :-)
So yes, anything that helps to have even more users run Kolab2 in
their preferred system/management ecnvironment is a good idea.

Best

	Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/