/kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf overwritten

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Fri Aug 12 16:39:02 CEST 2005

Dear All,

I need svn to run on my root server next to kolab. So I decided to switch the
kolab apache port 80 off, by disabling the "listen" entry in the file
/kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf
After restarting the apache kolab I managed to bring the regulat debian
apache2/svn up on port 80 and the two apaches were living peacefully next to
each other.

Unfortunately the kolab apache started a little war by rewriting its
apache.conf: The old entry was restored!!! My modifications were saved in the
file apache.conf.old, and since the apache2/svn was already living on port
80, it failed to come up.

Is this issue related to problem [issue847]?

And some more questions:
- Where can I make my modifications permanent?
- What is the reason for the rewriting of the config files?

Thanks ahead for your replies

Markus