Kolab Postfix SMTP Sasl Thunderbird Auth Help?

Kevin Baker kbaker at missionvi.com
Thu Aug 11 12:46:35 CEST 2005

I have a standard Kolab2 install on debian (woody)

I am able to send mail through Kolab smtp server through webmail at
localhost.

I looking to setup Thunderbird, or any other standard imap client, to
use Kolab as the outgoing SMTP server with Auth.

I am recieving "server maybe refusing connections" messages in Tbird
after trying to send.

Can someone give me some hints as to how I can reconfigure the standard
Kolab install to allow authenticated SMTP connections?

Thank you