Postfix

Henning Burow Henning.ght at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 10:25:31 CEST 2005

Martin Konold schrieb:

>Am Mittwoch, 20. April 2005 09:38 schrieb Henning Burow:
>
>Hi Henning,
>

>>is not deliverd. The postfix.log says:  "Host or domain name no found. Name
>>service error for name=local.local type=A Host not found"
>>
>>My config is:
>>Hostname: kiwi.local
>>

>Who told you to use this hostname and this domainname? You will always be in
>trouble before you do not setup valid RFC conforming fully qualified
>hostnames.
>
>Regards,
>-- martin

I gave the system this name, as it shall only deliver local mail. The
command hostname -f states kiwi.local, dnsdomainname says local,
dnsdomainname -f says kiwi.local. I can ping kiwi.local, as it is
configured in /etc/hosts. The only thing that doesn't find it, is
nslookup. I don't know how postfix checks domainnames, but usually the
checking order is hosts,bind, meaning that first /etc/hosts is checked,
then the DNS. But maybe i understood something wrong with this
domainname thing, i should have configured it as localhost. The name
kiwi.local is an alias for 192.168.100.222 in /etc/hosts.

Any ideas, suggestions, ...?

Regards,
Henning