Groups in Kolab and Horde

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Thu Apr 21 14:55:01 CEST 2005

On Thursday, 21 April 2005 14:38, Oliver Jehle wrote:
> On Thursday, 21. April 2005 11.40, Stuart K Bingë wrote:
> > Ah, right - some initial work was done to allow logging in with either
> > the uid or mail attributes of each user when the two are different. More
> > however needs to be done for this to work correctly throughout the
> > webclient, so for the meantime I suggest simply logging in exclusively by
> > using your mail address, or setting the uid equal to the mail address in
> > LDAP.
>
> is this work already in cvs ???
> because i'm evaluating different systems and have some time to work on it.

Currently you're only able to log in using the two attributes, and have your
preference data saved correctly in LDAP. In terms of actually using the
groupware applications there are probably still lots of issues with this. I
wouldn't suggest using them with the current Horde code if you intend on
having different uid and mail attributes.

--
Stuart K Bingë