Catchall redux: last word

Tom Hibbert tom at nsp.co.nz
Mon Sep 27 06:36:18 CEST 2004

Hi Martin,

>> This doesn't work in zfos or erfrakon kolab, and incidentally neither
of
>> them have an ldapvirtual or ldapdistlist.

>The description was for Kolab 2. For Kolab 1 it is even simpler. You
only >have
>to edit the virtual.template file and put the line
>@domain.com               catch-all
>in there.

That doesn't work either. When I try and run postalias on the virtual
file I get:

postalias: warning: /kolab/etc/postfix/virtual, line 9: need name:value
pair

and when I try using:

@salontech.co.nz:			tom at salontech.co.nz

I get:

postalias: warning: /kolab/etc/postfix/virtual, line 9: name must be
local

Either way I get a 550 back from Cyrus:

      dfadfdf at salontech.co.nz on 27/09/2004 4:31 p.m.
            The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did
not report a specific reason.  Check the address and try again.  If it
still fails, contact your system administrator.
            < mail.salontech.co.nz #5.0.0 X-Postfix; host
/kolab/var/kolab/lmtp[/kolab/var/kolab/lmtp]    said: 550-Mailbox
unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this    550-name or
you do not have authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User unknown    (in
reply to RCPT TO command)>

>> I meant use of rfc822MailMember LDAP records..

>Hmm,... how common is this?

That's the way SUN directory services does it, and every LDAP directory
I've ever worked on (except active directory) uses it. The schema file
is included with the OpenLDAP distribution (rfc822.schema and
misc.schema) and through misc.schema is included by default in an
OpenLDAP directory.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de