outlook connector

Stephen Hind s.hind at rwp.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 17:16:22 CEST 2004

My comments follow your questions:

> a) Is it possible to sync all the data so that the Outlook
> (notebook) user has
> everything available at home?

Yes it is: we found an issue with mail synchronisation - the synchronised
mail (i.e. the mail received at work and viewed at home, vica verca) gets
created in the PST file as a draft item.  This means it's difficult to reply
or forward the mail.

NOTE - I must make it clear that Toltec are aware of the problem and work to
fix it.

One easy work-around is to set Outlook to leave a copy of the mail on the
server so Outlook can get the mail both at home and at work over pop3.  This
means that only sent items have this "Draft Item" issue.

> b) Does this connector support shared mailboxes / calendars / etc?

Yes: the mailboxes will suffer from the same problem as above, but if all
you want to do is to look at the mail then that's fine.

Yes again: you can share calendars, task lists contact lists; THIS FEATURE
WORKS PERFECTLY.

Please remember that this just enables Outlook to share items: it does not
keep the mail in IMAP format, it converts it to Microsoft's Proprietary TNEF
format (this is what causes the "Draft Items" issue above - good old
Microsoft).  So you cannot read mail that's synchronised by the Toltec
Connector in a standard mail browser/Kolab Client.

HTH

Stephen Hind
Learn more, earn more, start today......

IMPORTANT

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. This communication represents the originator's personal views and
opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of RWP Training Limited. If
you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering
the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you received this email
in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please immediately notify admin at rwp.co.uk <mailto:admin at rwp.co.uk>

In accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practices)
(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000, RWP Training Limited
reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages sent to and from
this address for the purposes of investigating or detecting any unauthorised
use of its system and ensuring its effective operation.