outlook connector

Denis Croombs denis at just-servers.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 23:25:13 CEST 2004

> > I use the Toltec connect with over 100+ users with no problems.
>
> We are very interested in Kolab success stories. (Typically people only
talk
> to us because they have some problems.)
>
> Which version of Kolab are you using?
>
> How long are you using Kolab now?
>
> Are your expectations met with Toltec/Kolab?

I have a number of customers using the Toltec connector and Kolab (V2 zfos
install version) on whitebox Linux (Redhat Enterprise 3.0 clone) or Mandrake
10.0 Power pack + , some of these are 5 or 10 user systems but I also have a
100 user system on WhiteboxLinux (www.whiteboxlinux.org)

Some of these have been working for more that 6 months now.

It works very well, I am very pleased with the 100 user system as I just
installed the Server/Kolab software explained to the in-house IT staff how
to install the connector on the clients (gave them a copy of the manual) and
how to share the folders/data some of which is to EVERY user on the system
and have had NO reported problems from the users or in-house technical
staff, total approx 4 hours work. But it took many more hours of the
in-house IT staff to install the approx 100 connectors and upgrade some of
the users from Outlook express to Outlook, some of the users have over
2gbyte of data in outlook so it can take a little while to sync, but it does
it in the background so it is not a problem.

The hardware is a SATA 200Gbyte HDD x 2 , 2.8Ghz Zeon CPU, 2Gbyte ram.

They were going to use Exchange server but the cost and fact that it worked
"out of the box" made it very easy to sell to the users and it has now been
working for over 2 months without a single problem reported.

My customers expectations have been exceeded many times over, and they keep
recommending the solution to others.

Denis

www.just-servers.co.uk
www.just-hosting.net