Installing kolad under Debian SID

Hervé Piedvache footcow at noos.fr
Tue Sep 21 00:55:24 CEST 2004

Hi Slaanesh,

Le Mardi 21 Septembre 2004 00:31, Slaanesh a écrit :
> I am trying to install kolab server on a debian gnu/linux sid version.
> But there is a problem with the obmtool installation script. It detects
> the version of my os as debian3.1 so it can't find any rpm matching my
> os as the rpm package needed for debian are intedeed to be installed on
> a debian3.0 os...
> So I have to remake all this package to suit my system needs....but I
> don't know how to make this.....can any one help on this ?

As I have explained ... in a previus mail of today ...

ncftp ftp.kolab.org
cd kolab/server/development/current/sources/
mget *
chmod +x obmtool
./obmtool kolab
Then the system install and compile everything needed ...

It's working for me ... (Debian SID also)
Everything is installed in /kolab

But now I don't know what to do for parameters (if needed) and making running
kolab ... Help needed here for me ;o)

Bill Footcow