kolab web admin page access

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. list_archive at netixitalia.it
Thu Sep 16 19:00:14 CEST 2004

Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 15. September 2004 18:46 schrieb Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l.:
>
> Hi,
>

>>Do I have to completely remove the previous installation of Apache?
>>I changed the conf of the previous Apache, so that it listens on port
>>81. Isn't that enough?
>

> Port 81 is fine and does not conflict with Kolab.
>

>>About postfix, I just had to uninstall sendmail, that was using the same
>>port 25.
>

> The bootstrap script should have told you about this conflict.

Actually, all the bootstrap says is:

postfix/postfix-script: fatal: the Postfix mail system is not running

>>questions about Aethera and Kolab here or does a specific mailing list
>>for that exist?
>

> Please ask the Aethera people at theKompany for details but general questions
> about Aethera/Kolab tend to get answered here.

Can you tell me if, for what you know, anyone has ever succeeded in
sharing calendars and addressbooks with Aethera and Kolab? That is what
I need from Aethera.

> I have the impression that Kolab is now working for you.
>
> What was the fundamental difference between your tries?

If I start the previous Apache, on port 81, I can't access the kolab
admin web page. If I stop it, I can.