a few more questions

Gustavo Michels gustavo.michels at ig.com.br
Wed Sep 8 18:15:57 CEST 2004

I "kind of" have Kolab2 working with pam_ldap and nss_ldap. As I nedded an
OU to hold all the users (so that nss_ldap works), and kolab creates users
on the root of the ldap server, I am doing all user administrative tasks
thru an ldap tool (phpldapadmin), since kolab will move the user back to
its default if I edited in the web interface. Also, I added the nis schema
to the kolab openldap template.

What I do is create users with uid as "user" and add the attribute email as
"user at domain". When the email attribute is added, kolab detects the new
user and does normal process of creating mailbox, etc.

At first everything looks ok, although I haven't done much testing yet. I am
going to try it with a few clients on a test lab, and if it goes ok, I will
try to change the php code on the web interface to use the OU I created
when managing users.

Now my question is: does any developer see any problem in Kolab usability by
doing these changes?

cheers
Gustavo