Feeding emails to kolab

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Sep 6 13:34:46 CEST 2004

Am Sonntag, 5. September 2004 20:02 schrieb Bradley M Alexander:

Hi,

> I forgot the third part of my question. I havea large number of emails that
> were backlogged while my mailserver was down. I would like to feed them to
> kolab.
>
> Right now, I have a copy of the mailbox file, can I (once I get the
> rejection issue taken care of) cat <file> > /var/mail/storm on the
> mailserver? Would these get processed into IMAP? If not, how do I do it?

Typically you use the upper smtp server to spool the messages. ASA the kolab
server is then available the upstream server starts to send the messages
automatically. In addition you may use something like "defer smtp" on the
upstream smtp server.

If the mail got delivered to some final user mailbox you have already lost the
smtp envelopes... There a tools available which try to create a reasonable
envelope from theses messages.

Last but not least you may transport the messages to the imap server via smtp,
lmtp or imap.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de