Virtual hosts

Paul Wolstenholme wolstena at sfu.ca
Thu Sep 2 19:55:27 CEST 2004

On 1-Sep-04, at 10:58 PM, Martin Konold wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 2. September 2004 00:34 schrieb Paul Wolstenholme:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
>> I just came across kolab yesterday and I was curious whether or not
>> kolab supports virtual domains. I searched the website and mailing
>> lists and didn't find an answer.
>
> If you are familiar with Postfix you can add the feature yourself
> manually.
> Within Kolab currently we don't support multi-domain or virtual
> domains.

Yes, I'm familiar enough with Postfix to manage this.

I was also curious if anyone has successfully implemented virtual
domain support under cyrus using kolab. I wondering if the ldap schema
and management tools would function.

For example, if I had two domains and added an admin for each in the
imapd.conf file:

imapd.conf:

virtdomains: yes
admins: cyrus, admin at domain1.tld, admin at domain2.tld

Would the admin tools (web, kde) enable admin at domain1.tld to manage
(folders, etc) of domain1.tld and admin at domain2.tld to manage
domain2.tld.

Is this the direction that kolab is heading or is this outside the
scope of the project.

Cheers,
Paul