apache misconfiguration for webdav

Luca Villani luca.villani at wseurope.com
Fri Oct 29 12:26:42 CEST 2004

Hi all.

First, I'm afraid my english is very poor, I'm sorry... :-(

I'm running a zfos installation on a fedora core 2.

This server also serve some directory via webdav (manually configured
in /kolab/etc/kolab/httpd.conf.template), but all my users are not able to
rename a file.

Google is my friend, I found an explanation: webdav can't work properly in
renaming files/directory if apache is not configured with an appropriate
ServerName directive, both in plain and ssl virtualhosts configuration, it
simply respond with a 502 (Bad Gateway) error code.

A simple explanation can be find on

 http://www.litux.org/wiki/WebDav

Resolving this problem was easy: I simply put two correct ServerName
directives in httpd.conf.template, both for plain and ssl sections.

Hope this help...

--
Luca Villani                Wireless Solutions spa - DADA group
NOC manager                 Europe HQ, via Castiglione 25 Bologna