Questions about using kolab2 and kontact

Timo Springmann t.springmann at linet-services.de
Fri Oct 29 10:09:50 CEST 2004

Hi there,

We're looking for a new groupware solution for our company. At the moment
we're using OpenGroupware but we're not satisfied with it. Kolab seems very
promising to me...

But there are a few points I would like to know before I spend more time with
kolab and kontact...

Is kolab2 ready for a daily usage, or can somebody at least tell me which
features are already implemented? Are there any plans for a release this
year? I've read somewhere that kolab2 is done in 2004?!

Can we use the kontact version that comes with KDE 3.3.0 (Debian/Sid) or do we
have to compile kontact from cvs head? If we have to use kontact from head,
are there any debian packages out there (or at least a little howto for
compiling kontact from head?)

Is there any (good) documentation for configuring the kolab2 server and
kontact? We've installed kolab2 yesterday but I couldn't figure out how to
set up kontact to work with kolab2 (actually I just tried it a few
minutes...)

Timo

--
LINET Services GbR
Linux im Intra- und InterNet

Gotenweg 15  Tel.:   0531-280 191 71
38106 Braunschweig Fax:    0531-280 191 72

http://www.linet-services.de
mailto:t.springmann at linet-services.de