Question about Kolab XML Format

Bo Thorsen bo at thorsen-consulting.dk
Thu Oct 14 09:03:36 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 22:34, Gustavo Michels wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Em Wednesday 13 October 2004 17:28, Martin Konold escreveu:
> > > words, can I use the latest server sources (with the new FB stuff,
> > > the extended ldap schema) and store the data in iCal/vCard format,
> > > and still have the same functionality, apart from being able to
> > > support multiple clients?
> >
> > No, you are loosing some functionality of Kolab 2.

I don't think (but I'm not entirely sure) that the FB creation code
handles both iCal and the XML format. I think it's XML only. It produces
iCal FB lists, of course.

> So I really must find a scriptable way to convert iCal/vCard to Kolab
> XML.

Lutz wrote some tool that can do this for the calendar and contacts of
Outlook. I'm not sure what happened to it, though.

Lutz, Bernhard?

About the webclient - the newest packages have an early implementation of
support for the kolab format.

Bo.