Strange behavior of proko2

Stefan stefan at organet.com
Wed Oct 13 12:01:06 CEST 2004

Hello Martin!

Am Mittwoch, 13. Oktober 2004 03:31 schrieb Martin Konold:

> For your understanding concurrent access from multiple Kolab clients to the
> same account is totally within the Kolab2 design.
I thought, I've read somewhere something about concurrent access is dangerous!
But OK! So this can't be the problem!

> BTW: There is no need to sync every folder (maybe you are again
> missunderstanding some issues). You simply download from the Kolab server
> to your dIMAP resource and then the uploading is done in the same step.
I know this........in the meanwhile :-)  .........from Till......since last
week! I synced my folders manually during my attempts to track down the
problem, not during normal use!
Till told me: Everytime, when proko2 downloads the messages from the server
(after the preconfigured time), it uploads it's new messages to the server!
So, in that moment the dimap cache and the imapd are in sync!

> I am afraid you somehow think that you have to "manually sync" the folders
> and therefore you unintentionally abuse the "Troubleshoot IMAP Cache" (*)
> dialog/menu.

> Please don't do that as these options are only for troubleshooting!
Hey! I'm in big trouble!!! :-)

Again: When I delete a message in a folder, it is gone! OK! During the next
sync (when proko2 looks for new messages on the server and uploads it's
messages) the mentioned error message appears and regardless whether I click
on "cancel" or "continue" it kills all my mails in this folder!
This is normal usage and I don't have used the  "Troubleshoot IMAP Cache" (*)
dialog/menu.

Any further tips?

Bye
Stefan