proko2 / kontact problems and questions

Stefan stefan at organet.com
Mon Oct 4 13:19:33 CEST 2004

Hello List,

someone on the list told me, proko2 has "profile support" for korganizer.
Means: Two different kolab servers could be used at the same time.
Where can I configure this feature? I can't see anyting in the config dialog.

I found a ?bug? in both kontact and proko2:
When the local dimap cache is messed up, both programs DELETE all messages on
the server! I've checked this again and again. The messages are "physically"
gone on the server. Only the subfolders stay there.
IMHO the sync between the server and the local client cache has to be an
oneway-sync: From server to client, not the other direction!

I've noticed this, because I'm using two different client machines, one with
kolab and the ohther with proko2!

The next issue is really annoying: When you recreate the dimap cache with
(german) "Zwischenspeicher neu aufbauen", it deletes all unsynced messages in
every subfolder. So you can't restore your backups in one go. Instead you
have to restore always one single subfolder, resconstruct it and let kolab
recreate its dimap cache. Subfolders which are already synced are not deleted
by kontact. Same procedure with proko2.

Bye bye
Stefan