Kolab 2 and horde contacts problem

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Fri Nov 19 11:25:38 CET 2004

On Thursday, 18 November 2004 02:40, Greg Saul wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> Unfortunately I haven't removed or even touched that little block of
> code, so it's probably not that.
>
> And I can't see anything that should be at all related in any of the
> error logs.

That's unfortunate. The logs usually indicate what could be causing the
problem, but if that's not the case then we're in a bit of a pickle. The best
thing to do would be to file a bug report and include as much detail as
possible, especially that which can be used to reproduce the problem (see
below about filing bugs).

> I've been digging around in hordes code trying to track whats happening
> with the synchronizing of the various imap folders Calendar, Tasks etc.
>
> No imap folder is created to sync to so I'm thinking this might be the
> root of the problem. It seems the only way to make a new imap folder is
> using:
>
> Kolab::updateShare($share);
> if the folder is not found this function then creates one (using the
> imap class).
>
> The problem seems to be that this function is only run by the custom hook.
> _horde_hook_share_add
> _horde_hook_share_modify
>
> These custom hooks are called for the calendar, Tasks etc but not for
> the Contacts, this may be because contacts are not shared.

Yes, what you've said is correct. However, Kolab::updateShare() eventually
calls Kolab::synchroniseShare(), which is what that little block of code in
Turba's sources.php also calls (and is the function that actually handles the
IMAP manipulation).

> I'm just about to try and fix the problem, but before I did I wanted to
> make sure I'm not barking up the completely the wrong tree.
>
> Do local contacts work in horde and kolab_2 for other people? And if
> this is a bug and I do manage to fix it who should I contact about it?

Any issues that come up should be posted in the Horde bug tracker,
<http://bugs.horde.org/>. The issues should be of type "Bug" (although there
is also a type "Enhancement" for feature requests), and should be filed in
the queue of whatever application is affected (in this case, Turba).

Make sure to mention that the issue is Kolab-related, or else it may get
assigned to the wrong developer.

> One other think I've found is that events in shared contacts are not
> showing up and people with write access to shared calendars can't write
> to them, they just get a blank screen.

There have been other reports of similar problems. Again, the best thing to do
would be to file a bug report to ensure that the issue doesn't go unnoticed.
Make sure to check for existing bugs though so that you don't end up posting
duplicates! If there are bugs around the same problem then you should post
your scenario as a comment within the existing report, in order for us to
have as much information about the problem as possible.

Also, I think this thread should be moved to the developers list if it is to
continue; I don't think Bernhard is going to be too pleased about this
discussion on the users' list :-)

Cheers,
--
Stuart K Bingë
 - Freelance UNIX/C++, PHP, Perl developer.

Email: omicron at mighty.co.za