IMAP Calendar and IMAP Address Book / LDAP (was: Newbie / Kolab installation)

kael ubi.quito.us.kael at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 17:34:26 CET 2004

nimrod cohen wrote:

> For the test environment I think is best to shutdown the firewall
> Just run "service iptables stop"
> For the host name & domain.. it's your machine host at doamin name see in
> /etc/hosts

Thank you very much for your reply.

I finally managed /etc/hosts correctly and I can run myserver now ! :-)

The firewall is at a high level, I'm connected to the net and can
connect to <imap://localhost:143>. I will have to learn how to manage it
for external connections.

Now, I got to find the client which allows me to use the IMAP calendar
and the IMAP address book. Aethera crashes down when I configure it for
a Kolab server.

Also, I can't find how to manage the mail client for accessing to the
LDAP server. How to configure the Base DN and the Bind DN ?

Is there any way to use the Kolab server with Thunderbird regarding the
IMAP calendar and the IMAP address book ?

Thanks.

--
kael