Problems installing on FC2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Nov 10 17:10:25 CET 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 16:50, Elvis wrote:
> Thanks for the responses! I have just finished downloading
> snapshot-20040407002609.tar (from zfos), I untarred it and am now
> running `sh obmtool kolab` - seems to be running ok, I will post again
> with my (hopefully) success!

Note that this is Kolab1, which is a bit older.

ftp.kolab.org has Kolab2.

> Is there a document on mirrors/versions/install methods? I started
> installing using the bootstrap, rpmbuild PACKAGE, su root, rpm -Uvh
> PACKAGE method, but this failed a lot as well. The new (I think) method
> with obmtool is quite slick when it works!

The instruction are so short that we did not place them somewhere yet.
(Help with the webpages is appreciated.)
To install Kolab2 (still in development, but some people really
run this sucessfully for quite a while already.):

Check the mirrors from www.kolab.org/mirrors.html
Go to the current directory (which is the same as the last dated)
download all files. Run ./obmtool kolab
in the same directory.
Pay attention to what is happening.

Then run /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b

> I got quite confused with the options available for installation, I
> guess the dated ones are testing and numbered are stable releases?

Yes, but Kolab2 is only available from the ftp.kolab.org mirrors
and quite different from Kolab1.