using IMAP to retrieve Outlook Calendar, Contacts, Journal

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Nov 9 20:41:06 CET 2004

This is possibly off-topic although the information may be helpful for
those migrating away from Outlook. If there is a more appropriate list or
forum, please let me know.

I used IMAP to retrieve Calendar, Contacts, and Journal as created using
Outlook.

When I used IMAP to store back on other server, the data then became
simple messages instead of special objects.

Does anyone know if the data retrieved via IMAP can be parsed to
regenerate real Calendar, Contacts or Journal information? Is the
information retrieved using IMAP FETCH of RFC822.HEADER, FULL and
BODY[TEXT] complete?

For example, I'd like to be able to convert the records fetched via IMAP
for the "Calendar" folder to iCalendar format.

Any advice or links would be appreciated.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/