External users can't send mail to their own domain

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Nov 1 19:13:07 CET 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 05:13, alex wrote:
> I have a kolab 2 server setup and it is working very well for all users
> in the office. I have two external users who cannot send mail to the
> domain. The users have accounts on the kolab server.

This is almost like them being internal. :-)

> They are using
> their own smtp server, but their imap account is on the kolab server.

What about using the kolab server as their smpt server,
this might solve the issue.

> Below is the message I get in the Mail delivery failed email:

>   don at mydomain.net
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<don at mydomain.net>:
>     host mail.mydomain.net [4.35.170.39]: 554 <alex at mydomain.net>:
>     Sender address rejected: Invalid sender

Kolab2 wants to offer some protection against
other people forging email addresses.
So usually you need to insert email authenticated if it has
an internal email address. Another possibility is to make
that smpt server trusted (add it in the services tab).