Error is error log

Denis Croombs denis at just-servers.co.uk
Fri May 21 16:34:20 CEST 2004

Thanks for that.

Yes, I have the location /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/testsite.co.uk/user/denis/ and that is where I was expecting the emails to be stored.

I have a log of /kolab/var/postfix/log/postfix.log

Could the error be because I am running the fetchmail as user "root" and not "kolab" ?

When the user exists because the user has outlook data stored in it via the "Toltec connector" and below is the users directory.

[root at rdcredits root]# ls -l /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/testsite.co.uk/user/nic
total 72
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:17 Calendar
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      8192 May 21 15:17 Contacts
-rw-------    1 kolab-r  kolab-r         4 May 20 14:34 cyrus.cache
-rw-------    1 kolab-r  kolab-r       165 May 20 14:34 cyrus.header
-rw-------    1 kolab-r  kolab-r        76 May 21 15:21 cyrus.index
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:10 Deleted Items
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:17 Drafts
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:17 Inbox
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 14:42 Inbox___3G
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:18 Inbox___Orange
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:18 Inbox___ZDNet
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:17 Journal
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:17 Notes
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:17 Sent Items
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 14:06 Tasks
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:17 test
drwx------    2 kolab-r  kolab-r      4096 May 21 15:17 test___Notes
[root at rdcredits root]#

Thanks

Denis

  On my MandrakeLinux system (your system may differ) the mails are stored in /var/spool/imap/user/username so your should be /var/spool/imap/user/denis

  Each mail has a file, the file name being a number followed by a dot, eg 1. 2. 3. and so on.  These files are plain text so if you run the command
  less /var/spool/imap/user/username/1.
  less will display the text of the mail, complete with headers.

  What you should see in the log is "status=sent" instead of "status=bounced" so I imagine there must be something in the log to say what's happened.  On MandrakeLinux 10.0 Official the logs seem to be combined.  For me to see what's happening to the mail, where it's getting sent to/bounced etc. I use the following command (the location of your logs may differ):

  tail -f /var/log/mail/info

  That command is what I found the most useful.

  Hope this helps

  Stephen