kolab_bootstrap -b with auth troubles

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 19 13:03:50 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 13:25, Mark Pierce wrote:

> I am in the process of installing Kolab from the Mandrake 10.0 RPMs.
> Open package is a good idea for sharing development but for production,
> I personally would rather reduce the complexity to a single system. You
> could just imagine if every app came out with its own system
> environment...

From the Kolab perspective it is the other way round:
OpenPGK is better ro production, because it reduces the complexity
to a single system. :-)
As Kolab is aimed at larger installations, it is wise to have a single
server dedicated to be the groupware server.
And even if the choice of operating system is already made,
you can use the same openpkg version.

> All the same Kolab looks promising, if just judging by
> its components.

> I'll let you know how I progress, but it would be really nice if someone
> who KNOWS to come in and fix things for us. It's a lot easier to work
> backwards from a running system than to try to figure out the errors as
> you go.

I have installed several Kolab version, but I am not familier
with the Mandrake one.