Kolab not sending External Mails

Stephen Hind s.hind at rwp.co.uk
Wed May 12 13:40:32 CEST 2004

There has been some developments:

I have changed the E-mail domain of the server to our public IP address
(I'll use a fake IP - 123.456.789.123 in this mail for illustration
purposes), so I could try to mail the box directly.

So I sent a mail from another internet email account to
username at 123.456.789.123 and the Kolab server responded saying it failed to
deliver it due to "Bad Address Syntax".  Obviously the message is getting
through but postfix does not seem to know what to do with it.

I have also tried to send mails using these new settings and I now get a
bounced mail when I try to send to an internet email address saying: "No
transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient".

The box has a server for DNS lookups.

I have tried fetchmail, but I can't workout where to tell fetchmail to send
the fetched mail.  Is there a socket I send to?  Do I send it to
username at 123.456.789.123? Or something else?