mozilla + kolab (was Re: Welcome!)

Jon Bendtsen jon at kollegiegaarden.dk
Mon Mar 29 18:58:51 CEST 2004

Den 29. mar 2004, kl. 18:32, skrev Bernhard Reiter:

> On Thursday 25 March 2004 13:24, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>> Welcome to the new Kolab-Users list!
>>
>> By popular request I mass subscribed the current members from
>> kroupware-list. I have not unsubscribed people from kroupware-list.
>
> There was a bug in how we set up the list.
> Posting from external addresses should work now.
> (Thanks to Jon Bendtsen to notifing us.)
>
> Now I am waiting for the first external post.

hehe, then i better make it.

The other day i was looking at the calendar project from mozilla, and
at their extentions.

the calender project from mozilla saves all appointment information in
one big file.
I was able to import the files from the calendar folder on the kolab
server.
I only tested with 3, but what i did was saving those files at my
desktop, and then
i imported them into the mozilla calendar project, which had no trouble.

The stuff in the task folder failed though, and i have no contacts and
no notes.
It said "no event to import" in the mozilla calendar. I made a single
task through the
mozilla calendar, and it does look a little different than the one in
kolab.
(since you all have tasks in kolab, or can make them, i wont include a
task from
kolab, but i have one from mozilla)

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION
  :2.0
PRODID
  :-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.0//EN
BEGIN:VTODO
UID
  :6c39bf1c-1dd2-11b2-aace-ef7c4e2f623e
SUMMARY
  :task title
DESCRIPTION
  :task note
LOCATION
  :task location
URL
  :task url
STATUS
  :NEEDS-ACTION
CLASS
  :PRIVATE
DTSTART
  :20040329T184500
DUE
  :20040329T194500
DTSTAMP
  :20040329T164434Z
END:VTODO
END:VCALENDAR

and once i completed it

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION
  :2.0
PRODID
  :-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.0//EN
BEGIN:VTODO
UID
  :6c39bf1c-1dd2-11b2-aace-ef7c4e2f623e
SUMMARY
  :task title
DESCRIPTION
  :task note
LOCATION
  :task location
URL
  :task url
STATUS
  :COMPLETED
CLASS
  :PRIVATE
DTSTART
  :20040329T184500
DUE
  :20040329T194500
DTSTAMP
  :20040329T164434Z
LAST-MODIFIED
  :20040329T165126Z
COMPLETED
  :20040329T185126
END:VTODO
END:VCALENDAR

25% completed

[...]
  :20040329T165235Z
PERCENT-COMPLETE
  :25
END:VTODO
END:VCALENDAR

and with a priority

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION
  :2.0
PRODID
  :-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.0//EN
BEGIN:VTODO
UID
  :6c39bf1c-1dd2-11b2-aace-ef7c4e2f623e
SUMMARY
  :task title
DESCRIPTION
  :task note
LOCATION
  :task location
URL
  :task url
PRIORITY
  :1
STATUS
  :NEEDS-ACTION
CLASS
  :PRIVATE
DTSTART
  :20040329T184500
DUE
  :20040329T194500
DTSTAMP
  :20040329T164434Z
LAST-MODIFIED
  :20040329T165312Z
PERCENT-COMPLETE
  :25
END:VTODO
END:VCALENDAR

This leads me to believe that the only thing we need is an extention to
the calendar
that makes the calendar store it's appointments in one file pr.
appointment, stores those
files at the imap server in the right folder, and then stores it in the
right format, or changes
to and from a kolab format.

i dont think it should be too hard to hack something together, but i
dont have the time.
I am however interested in getting kolab support in mozilla, so i'm
willing to test it.

JonB