How to configure Kolab?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 21 22:57:12 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 16:46, Helge Hielscher wrote:

> how do I configure the kolab server? The installation was easy thanks to
> mandrake, but when I want to add a virtual host in /etc/postfix/virtual I
> have to read
> # this file is automatically written by the Kolab config backend
> # manual additions are lost unless made to the template in the Kolab config
> directory

You can edit the files in /kolab/etc/kolab
and run kolabconf (in modern development versions, don't know
about mandrake.)

> Reading the documentation of Kolab I found out that the configuration is
> stored inside the LDAP Server. But how do I change the information there?

Any ldap client should do it.
I usually use gq, note that you might need to give the correct base dn
as printed by the bootstrap script.

> I have tried to log into the ldap server using phpLDAPAdmin, but it tells
> me:
> "Could not find a user 'manager'" and "Could not find a user 'root'".
>
> When I try to use the openldap module of webmin I get:
> Error - Perl execution failed
> Can't locate object method "input_line_number" via package "IO::Handle" at
> ./parse_slapd_conf.pl line 381,  line 40

I don't know about phpLDAPAdmin or webmin.
Try to check the Base dn.

> 2nd question: how do I share folders between different users

Kolab 1 does not support this, but Kolab2 will.
The new kolab clients can set ACLs on the folders.

> 3rd question: how do I configure the sieve filters? "sieveshell localhost"
> gives me: "unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 174,
> <STDIN> line 1."

I am no expert on sieve and only use it over the webadministration intervace
logged in as a user or the KDE Kolab client funcationality.
(You have to enable this in the receiving configuration.)

> 4th question: maybe there is some good documentation or howto that covers
> all my questions (plus is understandable for people like me)?

Obviously not yet. :)
	Bernhard